The Citizenship by Investment Unit (CIU) shall after consultation with the Antigua and Barbuda Investment Authority (ABIA) approve businesses, whether existing or proposed, for the purposes of investment in business under the Citizenship by Investment Program.
The two business investment options are:
- Where a person proposes to make an investment in an approved business of at least US$ 1,500,000 on their own behalf.
- At least two persons propose to make a joint investment in such an approved business totaling at least US$ 5,000,000, and each of those persons individually proposes to contribute at least US$400,000 to the joint investment an application or application for Citizenship by Investment may be submitted on his, her or their behalf through an agent.
Any potential applicant(s) under this investment option is/are advised to make contact with the ABIA to discuss their proposal.
Once approval of the business investment has been given, the CIU will consider applications for citizenship. The application process is similar to that of the NDF, namely, upon submission of your application you will be asked to pay the due diligence fees and 10% of the government processing fees. Upon receipt of a letter of approval, you will be asked to pay the balance of the government processing fees and your business investment amount within a 30 day period. Due to the potential varied nature of such investments, any escrow agreement will be negotiated between the parties yet transfer of the investment sums must be made within a 30 day period from issuance of an approval letter.
For a single applicant, or a family of 4 or less
- Processing fees: US$50,000
For a family of 5 or more:-
- Processing Fees: US$15,000 for each additional dependent
Once received, a certificate of registration will be issued for the both the primary applicant and their family members which will be submitted to the passport office with their application and any accompanying documentation.
Your authorized agent/representative will advise you of dates available to either:
- Visit Antigua and Barbuda to collect your passport and to take the oath or affirmation of allegiance.
- Visit an Embassy, High Commission or Consular Office of Antigua and Barbuda to collect your passport and to take the oath or affirmation of allegiance.